Rules Of Admission
- Application for admission to the B.A. / B.Sc./B.Com and M.A. M.Sc./M.Com programmes under the General Merit (50%) and Reservation Merit (20%) through Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) should be submitted to the University as per notification by the University.
Application for admission to the B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. and M.A M.Sc./M.Com. programmes under Community Merit (10%) & Management Quota (20%) should be submitted to the Principal as per the schedule announced by the University.
- Each application for admission should contain copies of mark list of the qualifying examination and Certificate of Character and Conduct from the head of the institution last attended. Originals must be produced at the time of interview.
- Applications for admission should be made in the prescribed form which can be had from the college office on payment of a Registration fee of Rs. 30/- (Rupees thirty only). Request for sending the application form by post will be entertained only on receipt of money order of Rs. 60/-. The class (B.A./B.Sc./B.Com/ M.A/M.Sc./M.Com.) to which admission is sought and the full address of the candidate should be noted in the money-order coupon.
- The correct mailing address should be written on the interview cards (MEMO) and Rs. 6/- stamp affixed on the interview cards.
- Application for admission to a particular class will be REJECTED if admission is sought (i) after having been detained in the same class in another college (ii) after having undergone the same course in any other subject or higher course in any other institution.
- The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh is not recognized by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Admission will be made according to the Direct Payment Scheme Agreement made by the Management with the Government of Kerala. The Principal’s decision will be final.
- Any student who secures admission on the basis of erroneous or false information will forfeit his/her seat and will be dismissed from the college.
- Applicants belonging to the Mar Thoma Syrian Church who desire to be considered for admission in the community quota should attach certificate of membership from the Parish Priest.
- Application forms which are not fully and correctly filled in and to which the required certificates are not attached will be rejected.
- The Register Number on the application should always be quoted in any query or correspondence with regard to the application.
- Selected candidates will have to appear for an interview before the Principal as decided by him with the following documents and accompanied by the parent/ guardian.
Final selection will be made only after the interview.
- SSLC Book or Equivalent Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate from the concerned Parish priest in the case of candidates belonging to Mar Thoma Community seeking selection in the Community / Management Quota.
- Community Certificate and Income Certificate from competent authorities in the case of backward community students eligible for concession from the Scheduled Caste Development Department.
- Other relevant certificates as per application.
- Three passport size photographs
- Candidates for admission to B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. should attained the age of 16 years on 15 July of the admission. Exemption from the operation of the age rule will not be granted.
- The applicants for Degree Courses are allowed to exercise upto three choices.
- The particulars of fees are as follows : - Matriculation Fees Rs. 100/- Fee for Eligibility Certificate from the University Rs.100/- When the student leaves the college, the Caution Deposit will be refunded only on production of the original receipt after deducting the cost of damages and other dues, as reported by the Departmental Heads, Librarian, NCC, NSS officers etc.
- The first instalment of fees must be paid on the date of admission together with the Special Fees and other fees, only after which the applicant’s name will be enrolled.
- If a student leaves the college after enrolment, fee for the whole term should be paid as per schedule of fees published.